When someone asks, “What do you do?” Do you have a well rehearsed response, enticing the stranger to want to hear more about you? You should use this handy format below to craft a compelling 30 second promo.
It’s not an elevator pitch, it’s a 30 second promo. Why do we not like to think of it as an Elevator Pitch?
- If you are in an elevator, you want to make a connection. You want to say something compelling to want them to say WOW, Tell Me More…
- The word “Pitch”… Really.
Who throws a pitch? What is he trying to do? Get someone out… that’s not a very nice way to make a connection…
- Your name
- What you do
- How long in business
- Description of your product or services
- WOW. Say something intriguing (even puzzling) that will make the other person want to hear more. Explain how you solve the problem. Focus on benefits, not products and services.
- Your ideal client
- Two U.S.P.’s ~ your competitive edge (USP Unique Selling Proposition)
- Restate name and say your Branding Statement
Example: Sales Kitchen ~ 33 Second Promo:
- Mike Cooper | Sales Kitchen | Certified Sales Advisers
- We cook up fresh selling solutions to heat up your sales™…
- …and are in our fifth year of advising businesses and leaders.
- We believe you can cook-up anything with 1) the right plan and 2) by focusing on the seven high payoff activities. (WOW! Tell me more, Mike.)
- Ideal leads are leaders and businesses desiring new customers and wanting to sell more stuff to their current customers.
- For example, our enthusiastic passion for sales has provided dozens of clients with business results that are smokin’ hot!
- Mike Cooper | Sales Kitchen ~ Chief Sales Officer & Head Chef
- Cookin’ up fresh selling solutions to Heat Up Your Sales™
Some of the reasons and benefits of a 30 second promo: remember, you want to make a connection.
- Peak their curiosity; get them to want more
- Highlight the key points
- Make it about your ideal client: WIIFM (what’s in it for them?)
- Are you the best (self-promote)
- End with a 10 word tag-line
- Be authentic
- ___ excited
- ___ passionate
- ___ enthusiastic
- ___ interesting
So, what do you do?