According to a recent survey, we waste about two hours a day due to distractions. We waste the equivalent of 20 days, or 4 whole work weeks a year. What could you do with 20 more work days? I probably would golf during five of those days. But only if my work productivity is maximized.
Ask yourself, “Self? Is what I am doing right now the best use of my time?” Of course it is! You’re reading a very interesting article about increasing your work day productivity and how to avoid distractions.
For me, the top five items keeping me from selling are e-mail, social media, fire-fighting, visitors and administrative things.
- Schedule email two times a day.
- Avoid social media unless it is part of your job.
- Have unexpected visitors (“I was in the area…”) call back to schedule an appointment.
- Delegate administrative things and as much busy work as you can.
- Delete unnecessary tasks and do later non-selling tasks.
Remember the question? Is what I am doing right now the best use of my time? Organize. Plan your day. Set your objectives, hustle, and give your professional best.
Call to action: Name one thing you accomplished today. Write it down every day. At the end of the week, instead of saying, “I didn’t get anything done again this week,” your five item list is the beginning of a trend to Heat Up Your Sales!